Sunday, December 6, 2009

Editor Meetings

The meetings I had with my editor weren't really as helpful as I would have liked them to be. I'm always looking for ways to improve my writing, AP style usage and professional technique. But Makisha wasn't very confident in herself to help me out. She thought that I basically knew everything I needed to know; more than she even did, because I work for TNH. I didn't agree, because she's been through more of the journalism program than I have, so I figured she knew more about the basics that I lack. When we did meet, we talked about some ideas I had for stories and how I could improve one of them with a different angle on quotes. We met a total of two times. Overall, I thought it was a good experience having my work critiqued by someone who has been through the program, but lacked the confidence to help me improve on my work quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment