Monday, September 28, 2009

New York Times - Sept. 28, 2009

Well, we all know that swine flu (or the thought of it anyway) has most of the American public in a chokehold, causing us to fear for our lives over something strikingly similar to the normal case of the flu. The story on the front page of the Times talks about the swine flu vaccination, and compares it to the first time the regular flu shot was introduced. I thought that the first paragraph of the story was a little too radical, and will probably cause many people to stop reading the story at that point; maybe even hold out on getting the vaccination. It just seemed to me that the writer tried a little too hard to get people to dig into the story than to actually gain information from it.
One story that I was impressed with was the Liz Cheney story. It really drew me in and held me until the end. I thought it was an excellent example of a delayed lead, feature-type article, and really laid out the powerfulness of her presence. Well done, Mark Leibovich.

No comments:

Post a Comment