Monday, October 5, 2009

New York Times - Oct. 5, 2009

It's funny that the New York Times should put a story on the front page about a McMahon, because I just recently started watching wrestling this summer. If it weren't for a few friends of mine who started watching it every Monday night last year, then I wouldn't have a clue as to who Linda McMahon was. But now I find this story about her running for a Senate seat in Connecticut fascinating. She is going up against Senator Christopher Dodd, who has help his spot in office for nearly three decades now. Although the story references several disadvantages for Ms. McMahon, maybe it's time for a change in Connecticut.

There's also a story on the front page that caught my attention was that of the court cases that may be hinting views on regulating business. But it wasn't the headline that caught my attention, however. I began reading and noticed the long sentences that were packed full of information. Some of the sentences had so much information that I had to go back and read many of them twice. The other reason I particularly noticed this story was the by-line. The author of the story was Adam Liptak, a relative of mine. His beat is covering the Washington court systems and breaking news on the federal level.

No comments:

Post a Comment